Downdraft Table : WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS BY VALGRO
ELIMINATE DUST, SMOKE, FUMES FROM YOUR GRINDING, SANDING, DEBURRING, WELDING & OTHER OPERATIONS.
Valgro Quality Downdraft Tables
The downdraft tables we offer aid in the protection of the operator from exposure to dust, odors, and fumes from their finishing processes. Companies looking to be proactive can benefit from the products, which safeguard employees from toxic and carcinogenic fumes.
BENEFITS OF DOWNDRAFT TABLES
Installing high quality downdraft tables as part of your production process will provide workers with a safe environment to accomplish their work, while ensuring a high level of quality and performance to which you've grown accustomed. Downdraft tables have the ability to capture fine dust particles, smoke and fumes at the source, so you don't have to be concerned about workplace contamination or health conditions affecting your employees.
HEALTH RISKS OF FINE DUST AND FUME INHALATION
Work applications that produce fine dust and fumes can have a devastating effect on the people inhaling these materials on a regular basis. Sometimes, fine dust particles are nearly impossible to see with the naked eye, yet they have the potential to cause a host of chronic health conditions that can shorten the victim's life. Fine dust can settle in lung tissue and cause scarring and inflammation, impairing normal lung function. Some types of fine dust can travel to the bloodstream, where they can affect the kidneys, liver or brain. Inhaling workplace fumes is no better, and often produces acute effects that require immediate medical intervention. If fumes created by workplace applications like welding, soldering or painting are inhaled, the effects can range from headache and dizziness all the way to major health complications.
WORKPLACE APPLICATIONS FOR DOWNDRAFT TABLES
Downdraft tables make sense for a wide range of work applications, including:
- Welding – Ideal capture-at-source equipment for heavy duty welding applications like stick welding, MIG and TIG welding.
- Deburring – Using quality capture-at-source equipment is the only effective way to eliminate fine dusts from the environment when abrasives are used to deburr, polish or finish fabricated materials.
- Grinding – When grinding metals or plastics, a well-ventilated downdraft table will remove dust particles at the source and greatly improve air quality.
- Sanding – Sanding applications are common with wood, metal or plastic, and containing the dust that's produced is crucial to a safe workplace.
- Cutting – Plasma cutting applications can produce toxic fumes, gasses and particles, but a high quality downdraft table provides a safe and efficient solution.
- Mixing – When combining granules or powders in an industrial workspace, maintaining air quality is challenging, but a well-placed downdraft table makes all the difference.